Workshop | eTwinning – Learning through European Collaborative Projects
Workshop: eTwinning – Learning through European Collaborative Projects
Main Organizer Institution | Institute of Educational Sciences, Bucharest, Romania
Co-organizer | Valahia University Targoviste Romania – Teacher Training Department, LUMEN Association, LUMEN Research Center for Social and Humanistic Sciences, Romania
- Simona Velea, Education Researcher, Institute of Educational Sciences, Bucharest
- Alexandra Aramă, Education Researcher, Institute of Educational Sciences, Bucharest
- Alexandra Miricioiu, Teacher and eTwinning Ambassador, National College ”Constantin Cantacuzino”, Targoviste
- Florina Popescu, Teacher and eTwinning Ambassador, Kindergarden No. 1, Targoviste
- Monica Ciobanu, Teacher and eTwinning Ambassador, Kindergarden No. 1, Targoviste
- Cristina Gîlă, Teacher and eTwinning Ambassador, National College ”Constantin Brătescu”, Constanța
eTwinning is an action proposed by the European Commission, part of the Erasmus+ Program. Launched in 2005 with the initial aim of facilitating the partnerships between pre-university education institutions in Europe, it has expanded its finality with eTwinning.net, becoming a strong community of schools in Europe, and bringing together over 600,000 teachers from over 196,000 schools.
In Romania, eTwinning has been implemented since October 2007, beeing coordinated by the Institute of Educational Sciences (www.ise.ro).
This workshop aims to familiarize the participants with the portal and the eTwinning tools (through practical activities, in on-line format) and to identify ways for their pedagogical capitalization. Successful projects which demonstrate creativity, effectiveness and relevance, features of collaborative projects, and ways in which learners can be involved in running eTwinning projects will be presented.
For the workshop, the participants are asked to bring their own devices (preferably laptops).
The objectives of this workshop are:
- familiarizing the participating teachers with the portal and eTwinning tools;
- exploring the potential of collaborative school projects that use new technologies;
- analyzing examples of good eTwinning practices;
- identifying the opportunities for teachers continuous professional development, offered by the eTwinning Action.
- European School Partnerships – eTwinning Action, Erasmus+ component;
- The Portal and related collaboration tools – eTwinning Live, Twinspace;
- Innovation of teaching practices – examples of successful projects;
- Continuous professional development through eTwinning.
Date & time | Wednesday 21.11.2018, 14.00 (2 hours)
Participants | primary and secondary teachers, teacher trainers, researchers, students.
Contact person | Simona Velea, Education Researcher, Institute of Educational Sciences, Bucharest (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).